Once you've got your fitness addiction in full force, you will one day get the dreaded cold or flu. The idea of missing a workout isn't appealing, but you really don't feel good either. What should you do? According to experts, it depends on your symptoms. The common wisdom is not to workout when you have symptoms that occur below your neck. For example, it's best not to work out with any of these:
- A hacking, frequent cough
- Stomach issues like nausea or cramps
- Body aches
- Chills that can not be explained by the temperature of your environment
- A fever
- Don't go to your gym when you are coughing, sneezing, or running a fever. You don't want to catch other people's illnesses, and they don't want your either.
- If you have asthma, consult your healthcare provider before working out with any respiratory symptoms.