Santa's been working out! Now that we’ve awakened from our tryptophan coma, the holiday rush is in full swing, with shopping, parties, gift-wrapping, travel, toy assembly… whew, sounds tiring! With all of the extra events and shortened days, it’s a natural temptation to jettison the workouts for a month. If you need a little extra motivation, check out some of the online December fitness challenges that abound on the internet:
- Roller Derby Athletics ($15): once you pay the entrance fee, you’re enrolled into the Challenge and its corresponding Facebook group. The emphasis is on fitness rather than weight loss.
- My Dream Shape (free version or $11.95 deluxe version): My Dream Shape is all over Pinterest, so this month you can put the site to your own test. The free version has a workout calendar and a meal plan. The deluxe version has many more features.
- Jill K. Fitness ($15): Jill K. is a fitness trainer who offers challenge plans geared for the gym, home, or a combination of the two.
- This and That Life (free): Blogger Kristi Stevenson offers a printable workout schedule for the month that’s simple and straightforward.
- Map My Run (free): The MapMyRun app offers several fitness challenges for December, and it’s not just running: choose from literally hundreds of activities in order to qualify.